Monday, August 25, 2008

I've got stories.......

I've got a lot of updating to do....back from mono, ramping up training....not to mention what I've been doing this past month. But this was the pinnacle. Shelby and I headed over to Seattle this past weekend to visit my brother. The tradition is, we play a game of pick up soccer every time we visit. We decided this time to take it up a notch. And oh, how we did. We were 80's from head to toe and played soccer like this. Chris had to claim us.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that sweat-bands actually do work, zink-pink lipstick works like sunscreen for your lips, legwarmers can double as shin-guards and when your ass is hanging out of short-shorts, you actually have great range of motion with no chaffing! Who knew?

More to come......

10 comments:

rr said...

I'm laughing so hard at the look on your brother's face. HILARIOUS!!

You and Shelby look so cute! Glad to hear you're back from mono and on the way back to awesome ;)

Trish said...

Props for always taking it to the next level! I am thrilled that you learned valuable lessons from your outfit as well. We knew 80's fashion was good for something! Looking HOT lady!!!

jessithompson said...

Niiice. Really. Go big or go home. I'm sure your team won because the other team was floored with disbelief and couldn't actually move. ;)

Haley Cooper-Scott said...

Really Phaeds? You couldn't muster a haircut for some '80s bangs? And I thought you were hard-core...

M-Dot said...

Love the Pic's looks like you had fun :) Love the sideway ponies!

Michelle

Laura and company said...

See, I've looked at your blog! And I'm late for work. So thpppt. Even 80s fashion can't bring you guys down. You look cute.

:) said...

Hilarious picture!!! LOL

Eileen Swanson said...

Hi Phaedra,
I heard so much about you this past week while in Canada. I am friends with Haley, well we just met but hung out a ton in Victoria. Nice blog, you sound like you have lots of fun!! ;-)

Eileen

Kelli Rydeen and Family said...

I am just wondering where you did your shopping? Sweatbands, zink pink (didn't know that they still made that shade), and legwarmers? Not too mention those shorts!

And I have to agree with Haley, I mean who in the 80's didn't have aqua net hairsprayed bangs!

You all look like you had fun!

Kelli

rr said...

Ahem. I miss your blogging. My mac died, and took with it my address book. Email or call me?