Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve, the boys are out sledding, I've got the turkey in the oven, presents are wrapped and laundry completely done. And I've already been on facebook three times today. Sans pictures, I thought I'd do a little post.

I've been considering changing the name of my blog since there will be so much more than triathlon to report on this year! I'm open to suggestions....

Since my disastrous 19 miler, I've been building up the running frequency to prepare for the track season which starts on January 5th. I am giddy with excitement for what is around the bend. I know my life will be changing drastically but I feel like a kid the night before Christmas. I get to go to college and learn. I get to run track and be coached.....and see what I'm really made of. I get to show the boys that an education is a gift to be treasured.

We've been rolling through the holidays at full speed and time seems to be flying by so fast I haven't had time to stop and think. I sold my fancy Volvo and bought a used Subaru. It's funny, it was such an economical step down but it felt like a step up to me. I am 35 years old and this is the first time in my life I have bought a car for myself. I love it!! I sat in the Subaru dealership in Post Falls, Idaho eating a snickers bar from the vending machine for dinner awaiting paperwork to sign. I felt an incredible sense of peace and happiness. There are moments I could cry. These waves of panic rush over me and I have to stop and focus on breathing. I have never experienced such a mixture of fear and excitement in my life....I guess jumping out of an airplane comes pretty close. There are such parallels to skydiving and the adventure that lies ahead for me. Sometimes in life, you don't know exactly how things are going to look or feel when they're flying by you at 120 miles an hour. But you must stay calm, weigh your options and make quick decisions because LIFE is not going to slow down for you. It is a huge leap of faith, one that I am willing to take and anxious to conquer. Honestly, I am at times terrified but continually find peace in the belief in myself and drive to see just what I'm capable of. It's a fun little game, I must admit.....this game of Life.

I am grateful for my boys, their unconditional love and ability to roll with the punches. I am grateful for the love of my family & friends who are always willing to remind me of their belief in me. And I am grateful for those of you who above everything else, can laugh with me and make me laugh. Life is so incredibly entertaining and humor is one of those things I hope I never lose sight of. Thank you. I promise to make it entertaining for all of you on the sidelines, God knows we all need something to laugh at....

Merry Christmas!! Hang tight, I can't wait to share what's next!

5 comments:

jessithompson said...

Merry Christmas, P. Diddy! Although there is much uncertainty in knowing that next year is nearly a blank slate... but for sure I know you'll be writing a great story on it.

Sending you a hug and love.

Steve said...

Great post. I know there are a ton of unknowns for you but next year is a NEW year and a time to learn and grow. It is going to be an exciting journey.

Merry Christmas!!!

Tiffany said...

Merry Christmas, woman! Here's a chest bump from me to you, wrapped with a pretty little bow of course! ;)

My suggestion for the new title of your blog is "Life at 120mph."

Hope you have a wonderful day with your boys today!

Shelbyyy@gmail.com said...

Love Tiffany's title! lol I'll be right there with you but I'm not wearing a frap hat and Tevas! Not flattering :)
XOXO,
Shelby

M-Dot said...

Can't even imagine life without your humor! I'm sure it might be difficult but, humor is the best remedy for many things.
This year will be amazing full of things you will not have expected and firsts and hopefully lasts and all sorts of adventures. Just remember to lean on your support team. They will be there for you. That first car for you is awesome. Subaru's are awesome cars that will let you drive them into the ground. Congrats have a Happy New Year!!

Jay and Michelle