Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gimpy on the mend


In the middle of March in the peak of my lupus flair up and finals, I ran a 5k in complete exhaustion which sent me over. I haven't run since then although I've made many attempts. Yesterday, I went in for knee surgery and I'm stuck on the couch with nothing to do but watch tv (depressing) or write. I have missed blogging so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. The surgery was not horribly invasive. The Dr. performed a scope, cleaned out debris and inflammation and did a "fat pad" resection as well as removed the synovia plica due to thickening and inflammation. He did say I have a beautiful, healthy ACL and meniscus :). Haley dropped me off for surgery, Klaire picked me up and then Haley brought me dinner, totally pampered me and spent the night. She even rubbed my feet! I'm so grateful for my friends. Below is a picture of me, totally bored, waiting to get hawled into surgery. Shad made me take it. I'm such a dork.


I plan to recover quickly and be up and running in a few weeks. The doctor told me that's a realistic expectation if I take it easy in the next week. LOL. I have school and 2 kids and am taking a trip to California on Thursday. But I am glued to the couch all weekend and the boys are taking great care of me as well as ravaging the tulip beds to make sure I have fresh picked flowers, dying on the coffee table next to me as I lay and recover. Sweet little men. I guess those tulips wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. LOL.



1 comment:

Steve said...

Glad you figured out the problem and now are on the mend. Get healthy and can't wait to see you out there again.