Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just Going for a Ride

Haley and I went for a little bike ride today. We hit the western plains and headed towards Cheney. This was her first ride since Ironman Canada. It was pretty windy out so I decided to allow her to be out in front for some Kona practice. I mean, I wouldn't be doing her any favors by letting her suck on my wheel ya know. So, this was my view a lot of the time on the way out. Sister has got some calves, she might as well put them to use. Just sayin'.

Once we made it through the wind, we pretty much screwed around and acted like complete dorks for the rest of the time. Not much different than when we're not riding. Case in point, below photos:


And my personal favorite:
I can't stand this photo of me but it's the only one I have of both of us today. The depressing part is, we took two other photos that were worse. Probably had to do with the fact that I was eating during our photo session. Shocker.

I snapped this while riding. It doesn't even capture how beautiful the sky was. I don't think it ever even hit 70 degrees. I feel so lucky to train in such a beautiful place.

There was a moment today when we were on our way back, that I got just a small glimpse of how it feels to be "back". Granted, I was riding on a slight decent with a wicked tailwind. Ha! But, it was still a gift, a familiar taste of something I've had before that I really liked. Not to mention, it was great to get out there with my friend. No pressure, no pace to keep, no getting dropped, just going for a ride.




2 comments:

Josh said...

Glad to see that you are back posting again :).

Shelbyyy@gmail.com said...

sigh, that looks awesome. My two favorites riding and dorkin'
The sky actually looks amazing in that last picture. I'm counting the days and seriously wishing I could bring my bike. I have a secret wish to ride up to Gozzer...from town of course!
Can't wait to see Haley's wedding pics. I don't think she's capable of taking a serious picture if she knows the camera is on her!