Thursday, October 15, 2009

Introducing: Miss Shelby Madden

So, ya'all have seen Shelby all over my blog.  As embarrassed as she'll be, I felt it necessary for a somewhat formal introduction.

I met Shelby when I was about 18.  She loaned me the money to do my first skydive.  From there, we became room mates and spent a couple of years jumping out of airplanes together and working at the drop zone out in Perris Valley, California.  Since then, we've encouraged each other to do ALL kinds of things.  I just happened to rope her into participating in triathlon.  But with Shelby, it doesn't take much to get her going on something.




Now for the reason I'm writing this little blurb.  Shelby has taken on a huge challenge and she has started blogging about it.  http://shelbymadden.blogspot.com/ Read it.  At the very least, you will be entertained.  But I'm going to bet, you'll be inspired.  There's so much I want to write about regarding how, where and when she started, what she has faced and the incredible strength and perseverance she possesses.  But, it's her story.  So, I'll let her tell it...for now.   But I might just pipe in if she forgets to mention something....

1 comment:

Shelbyyy@gmail.com said...

whoa! I thought you were going to put a link and a "go check out this blog." That was nice P but really, I prefer Ms.
LOVE YOU!
S