Saturday, November 8, 2008

Breaking into the Sewage Treatment Plant...and a little run


Amy and I met up at Audubon to do the "Sunday-Sundae" 10 mile route even though it was only Friday. It was a wet, dreary day. We headed out. About 20 minutes into our run, we came upon a road closure but I said, "ah-that's just for cars, let's keep going". So we ran around the road block but soon came to the "construction". The whole darn road was gone and there was a drop off to the water. Amy thought there'd be a trail down there somewhere and we could just pick up the road on the other side. So, we gingerly got down the hillside and ventured out on somewhat of a dirt trail.....but soon that trail turned into more river rocks, less trail....then we came to rushing water seperating us from the trail we could now see on the other side.
Waterfall ahead, chainlink fence to our right, river rushing to our left or turn around and go back the way we came. I voted, well, more like "convinced" Amy we were going to hop the fence and run through the Sewage Treatment Plant. Then Amy tells me she's never climbed a fence before. What? Blackbelt in Karateeee...and you've never climbed a fence? Just to give you a little background on Amy, she makes me look like a heavyweight. I could have chucked her over the fence with one arm. But, a seasoned marathoner nonetheless. So here's Amy, climbing her first fence (man, I love my crackberry-never miss a moment). I climbed it first to show her how it's done and of course to snap the pic.




Running through the sewage treatment plant was a real treat. Here I am being "sneaky". I think I wore my best B&E outfit.

We were soaked and tired but made it back. I shivered all the way home.

6 comments:

Molly said...

OK, that was WAY too funny. I'm always trying to find ways around road/sidewalk closures, but this takes the cake!

jessithompson said...

Hilarious. You guys are dorks. ;)

Steve said...

I can't believe you actually went closer to that plant. I try to get past it as soon as I can because of that smell.

Glad you had a good run. Can't wait to see how Vegas goes. You are going to rock.

Tiffany said...

LOL! Freaking hilarious! Always fun to throw a little adventure into the workouts!

M-Dot said...

Way to keep your workout interesting and entertaining! LOL... love it.

Michelle

Josh said...

That picture of you guys climbing the fence made me laugh really hard! These runs look like fun!