Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Pain is just weakness, leaving your body"


We arrived at the pool for masters swim this morning at 5:30am to find the water resembling milk. Fearlessly, we jumped in (some of us quicker than others) and risked the unknown to get yet another masters swim under our belts. About 20 minutes into our workout, the pool blew up and we all had to get out. Maybe that's a little dramatic but there was a loud noise, smoke and we did have to immediately get out of the pool. Kevin sent us over to the mats for some core work while we awaited a verdict. Verdict in and there's no swim. Alrighty then. I still had a track workout to do so I roped Jessi, Laura & Trevor into joining me. Way more fun than doing speed-work by myself. Not to mention the fact that it was 6:30am, and raining/snowing as we got on the track. What??? It's JUNE!

Jessi had her own workout to do and Laura was doing some kind of ladder so I roped Trevor into doing the same workout with me....er, uh, ahead of me. That boy can run. He gave me good motivation and made it fun. Jessi would hoot and holler at us when she was in between sets and I stuck my tongue at her cuz I thought I was gonna barf. This is where the title quote comes in. "Pain is just weakness, leaving your body". Keddie from Masters shared that with me and I'm not sure if it's his or someone else's.......but I LIKE it. There was a helping of weakness that was left on the track today. I'm hoping there'll be some weakness left in Blue Lake this weekend as well....for all of us.

After pulling into our neighborhood and dropping a Starbucks off for Jessi, we decided that even though we didn't bring a camera to the track, it was important to document that we went from soaking wet in the pool to soaking wet and freezing on the track, all before 7am! Bummer we didn't have the camera at the track. The above photo was taken with Jessi's timer....I'm sure the neighbors were entertained by the photo shoot.

6 comments:

rr said...

Love the photo!

And the pool blowing up - well that's like a dream come true. I'm headed to mine now and hoping for the same..

Tiffany said...

I was cracking up when you said the pool exploded. I was just picturing all of you flying everywhere...not that that would be funny...but kind of!

Nice job getting a run in instead - especially in that weather! You were smart to rope some other people in!

Steve said...

How many days do you go to Master swim. I am friggen sore after Monday! Nice on finding an alternate workout and still doing it all in the morning and with such crappy weather.

You will rock Blue Lake!

jessithompson said...

BLOW THAT SH*& UP!!!! No exploding pipes gonna hold us back, NO NO!!!

Fun adventures, lady... as was the photo shoot!

Trish said...

I am SO glad you all got your workout in! I personally went home and straightened my hair! (But I DID do the BLT loop later that day!) It was SO SO SO fun to see you and I can't wait to visit more this weekend ;)

Michael W. Bergquist said...

You always seem to have the best crazy/fun photos. The weather sounds crazy back home. Way to work through it. As for me, I always thought pain was what filled the gap left by strength leaving the body. Anyway, thanks for the entertaining pics you always seem to have. See 'ya soon