Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bellingham

These don't look like training pictures, I know. Bare with me. We took the whole family over to Bellingham this weekend to visit my parents and hopefully experience some warmer weather. I had a 30 minute run test to do at the track so I roped my dad into coming with me and recording my splits.

My dad has always been a great athlete, very focused at anything he pursued with a nice helping of natural talent. He was a cyclist for most of my younger years, ran a little here and there too. Now he's into golf.....and does well at that too.

So, back to my run test. Dad stood out in the cold morning weather for almost an hour when it was all said and done. He called my splits to me as a I ran by and recorded all the information with efficiency. When we got home today from our trip, he had e-mailed me not only and excel spreadsheet with every piece of information I could ask for but also a graph! Thanks Dad!

Here's my Mom. She's always game for anything, like going to Sweden with me, not sleeping the whole time but laughing constantly. Another post, another time. She's my biggest cheerleader and always has been. Love you Mom!


Thanks to Dad for inspiring me as an athlete and thanks Mom for always believing in me! Love you both!

2 comments:

Roger Thompson said...

Weird, Phaedra with a shot glass... hmmm.

NW Geoff said...

This is a new thread that I haven't seen before. I liked the pictures even the cell phone one which captured the moment