Monday, February 18, 2008

My Own Private Ski Night

Since we "road tripped it" to Bellingham this weekend, I wasn't able to ski with Annie on Friday. We got home yesterday and the weather was just incredible so I was itchin' to do something outside. The boys were home from school today and Cody had to work so the only time I could go ski was later in the day. I sent an email out to some friends to see if anyone wanted to join me but no one's schedule mended with mine. I decided to go it alone. I am SO glad I did.

I took this picture with my cell phone while driving so I apologize if it makes you dizzy. This is right before the turn off at about 5:00. What a beautiful day. It was about 30 degrees.

Here's a shot of the sun disappearing behind the mountain. I could tell this was going to be one great experience. Usually I have to motivate to get out of the car. Today I couldn't get on the trails fast enough.


The moon looked SO much larger in real life. But there it is.....out there, ready to keep me company.

I brought my phone with me so I could use the camera but once I got going, I didn't want to stop to take pictures. But I had to stop and capture this. It's obviously poor quality but the moon was shining so bright I literally could have taken off my head lamp for most of the time and still been able to see.

Tonight was one of those experiences I didn't want to end. Everything was so perfect and beautiful I could have stayed out there all night. One of these days, I'll rope some more of you to join me. And I must say, night skiing is my favorite-especially on nights like these. I have to thank Coops for roping me into this in the first place and Annie for stickin' with me on Friday's. It almost makes me a little sad to know Spring is around the corner.

3 comments:

Steve said...

WOW! That is all that needs said. The night looked awesome. I am going to try the skate skiing for the first time tomorrow, you comming? Unfortunately I am not a member of OZ, but may see if I can join you all every once in a while. Hopefully tomorrow is as beautiful as your night. Hey, Thanks for the post.

Steve

jessithompson said...

I hope we get similar conditions tonight... Gorgeous! Hope we get to ski together soon, before all the snow melts. Thanks for sharing your parking pass - much appreciated.

Trish said...

Hi friend! I just wanted to say how fun it was chatting with you at Starbucks today! I really enjoyed getting to know you better and laughing like crazy :) We make a great LOUD pair! And after you left, I met "someone" new :) Hope to see you next week!

Trish