Friday, February 1, 2008

Starting the 2008 season with great anticipation.....


Well, the 2008 season is fast underway. My first triathlon of 2008 is the Oceanside 70.3 on March 29th. This is a great way to kick off the season because it's a highly competitive race which creates quite a buzz in the air. As I run through the snow with my many layers and yaktrax on while cars shower me with slushy snow as they drive by......I think to myself "this has got to make me tougher". Or maybe just colder and wetter. At the very least, I will welcome the hot days of Summer with open arms as I do every year.

I have to say though, the difference between this year and last years training at this time is huge. For starters, a friend roped me into skate skiing once a week which has been a great way to enjoy the snow and build strength-it's a blast! In addition to that, I got a compu-trainer for Christmas which I hope will help my cycling ability. My training is a lot more consistent this season and I've been doing more group training with our club and friends-which just adds more enjoyment to something I already love. I'm excited to see what the season holds. I'm hoping to see improvement from last year, especially at Oceanside and Honu since I did those races last year.

For now, I'm just going to focus on my training and getting my body conditioned for another exciting year in Triathlon. I think the season is going to come fast and I've got a lot of work to do.


2 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

Okay...I have to say that I am thrilled that you started this blog!! It's about time!! I LOVE hearing about all that you are doing, training, accomplishing...how you are improving. You know me :) What a great way to keep everyone up to speed. You are an inspriration and hopefully this blog will get my butt more motivated.
thanks sista...
xo-jess

jessithompson said...

Cool idea - thanks for kickin' me in the rear to get tri blog going.