Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Favorite Training Partners

Today I had a club swim in the morning which is a really fun, tough workout. Once I got home, we decided to take the boys for a "family swim". Hayden and I have been talking about doing some training in the pool together ;) and I've been asking Tabor if he could teach me how to do a flip turn. So, here's Tabor and I doing the breaststroke together.

This picture makes me smile for a few reasons.....the most obvious one is how cool it is that my son and I are swimming together. The funny part is that the first triathlon I did, I swam the breaststroke the whole time-didn't quite have the whole "freestyle" thing down yet. Tabor was a natural at the breast stroke from the get go, he's got a good whip-kick, it was fun to "draft" off of him doing the breast stroke in the pool today.


And he showed me his butterfly (he's way better at it than I am) and he helped me with my flip turns. The last flip turn I did he gave me a "thumbs up" and a smile of course. He actually had some great tips for me and was proud to teach Mom a few tricks. I absolutely loved the opportunity to swim with Tabor today.


Hayden got a bloody nose and I had to take him to the women's locker room (which he protested at first) to clean him up. Then, he decided he'd much rather swim around and play than work on his breathing. Oh well, maybe next time. Either way, I'd train with these boys any day......they're a lot of fun.

7 comments:

jessithompson said...

GREAT pics! I LOVE the one of you two doing the breast stroke in unison. Sharing an active lifestyle with your kids (and role modeling it for them) is so rewarding.

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...

Looks like so much fun! Your boys are absolutely ADORABLE! Did you see my comment on your Monday post? I thought you would like that one :)

Phaedra Cote said...

Trish-email me!!! I need details. 2phaedra@gmail.com or get my other address from Jessi.

word-
Phaedra.

LORIE said...

I love this post!!!! You are a fantastic mom. You inspire me.

Tiffany said...

I'd like to sign up for Tabor's flip turn class, please!!!!

How awesome that you were able to share this time with your boys! Priceless!

Shelbyyy@gmail.com said...

Sign me up for the flip turn class, too! Love the breast stroke picture...he looks like a miniature version of you. Momma and baby frog...